Our Lady of the Mountains Mass Reopening Information and Guidelines
Advance seat reservations will be required. To make a reservation please call the parish office, 307-733-2516 between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm. No reservations (including messages left on voicemail) will be accepted outside of normal business hours.
Weekend Mass Schedule:
Saturday Vigil: 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm
Sunday: 8:00 am, 10:00 am, and 12:00 pm (Spanish)
Health and Safety:
Dispensation for the obligation to attend Mass continues. For those who wish to attend, please observe the following guidelines:
- Social Distancing – Must maintain distance of 6 feet apart. Markings identifying 6 feet of distancing are labeled in the pews by colored dots: one dot = an individual, two dots = couple, family pew = yellow sticker labeled “family”. Arrows direct flow for traffic during the Communion procession with 6 feet markers.
- Face Mask/Covering -to be worn during Mass.
- Use of hand sanitizer and/or washing hands – required before entering the church.
- No gatherings or congregating before or after Mass.
- Sanitation will be performed in between each Mass.
- Donation box, for your weekly collection – (which is very much appreciated) is in the Gathering Area. Due to the spread of the virus we highly encourage you to make your gift online or through bill pay at your local bank. The online giving link is found at the bottom of our website homepage.
- Hymnals and Missalettes have been removed from the church. You can use your mobile phone to access readings by using the myParish app. Prior to church, please go to the app store and search myParish, Catholic Life Every Day and download. The diocese is still studying the possibility of singing and the potential for virus spread.
- Distribution of Communion will only be served in the hand. The
faithful should extend their hands making as flat a surface as possible. The minster
will take care to grab the host by the edge and place the opposite edge into the hand
of the communicant. The communicant should step to the side, lower her/his
mask/face covering and consume the Body of Christ. Precious Blood will not be served.
Please do not consider coming to Mass if you can answer yes to one of these questions:
~ you are a high-risk individual” those identified as 65 years of age and older, those living in a nursing home or long-term care facility, and those of all ages with underlying medical conditions.
~ you are ill or someone in your family is ill.
~ you have had a fever in the past 72 hours.
~ you have lost your sense of taste or smell recently.
~ you have lesions on your feet or hands that loosely resemble chickenpox.
~ you have recently arrived in the state (please self-quarantine for 14 days)
For those who answered yes, please watch the Mass online. A link can be found on the website home page, www.olmcatholic.org or on our FaceBook page, Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic Church Community, Jackson Hole.
Ushers and/or Hospitality Team members will direct parishioners to appropriate seating and traffic flow.
In the rare instance if an individual is unwilling to follow the above guidelines and poses a risk to others, he/she may be denied access to the church. This is for the protection of all God’s people.
This is a “living” document and may be revised or added to in the coming weeks.