In order to have your child baptized at Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic Church or Chapel of the Sacred Heart:
- Parents must be registered members of our parish or have written permission from the pastor of their parish. The letter must have the church’s seal on it.
- At least one Catholic Godparent must be selected. Godparents must be at least 16 years old, have received all the Sacraments of initiation, and be practicing Catholics in good standing. Adults who are married must have received the Sacrament of Matrimony in the Church or have had their Marriage ‘blessed’ (convalidated) prior to the Baptism. If not registered members of our parish, they must submit a letter from their parish stating that they are a registered member in good standing with the Church. The letter must have the church’s seal on it.
- Godparents must submit a copy of their sacramental record showing Confirmation and Marriage in the Catholic Church, if applicable. A Baptism certificate with notations that indicate First Communion, Confirmation and Marriage will also suffice. The church’s seal must be on all certificates. A non-Catholic Christian may participate as a Christian witness but at least one Godparent must Catholic.
- Parents and Godparents must attend our Baptism Preparation Class or have a written document stating they attended the class at another parish. The date of the class must be included on the letter, and the letter must have the church’s seal on it.
- Parents must completely fill out their portion of the Baptism Form and return it to email@example.com at least one month before the desired date of Baptism.
**Emailed copies of letters and certificates are okay as long as the church’s seal appears on them.**
If parents or godparents would like to become registered members of Our Lady of the Mountains Parish, they need to completely fill out the Parish Registration form and return it to the parish office prior to scheduling the baptism.
Once all the proper paperwork is complete, we can discuss dates and times for the Baptism as well as any other necessary arrangements.
English Baptisms will take place on the first Saturday of each month at 10:00 a.m.