Our Lady of the Mountains Church
PO Box 992 Jackson, WY 83001
** Please direct resumes to Tamra Hendrickson: email@example.com **
Position: Faith Formation Director
The Faith Formation Director (FFD) is responsible for the coordination, communication, and implementation of all faith formation in the parish. Faith formation includes Religious Education (Pre-K through Confirmation), Youth Ministry (9-12 grades), Adult ministry (all ages), and RCIA, as well as any new programs that the FFD might initiate.
Summary of essential job functions:
To collaborate with clergy and staff to establish faith formation programs that will evangelize, enrich, deepen, and encourage all to grow in their relationship with the Lord.
- To enhance and increase participation in the Religious Education Program.
- To establish a solid ministry for high school youth.
- To implement programs and/or ministries for young adults and families.
- To transform and put into action a successful RCIA program.
- To support and participate in diocesan faith formation activities, events, and travel.
- To oversee all volunteers who participate in faith formation activities.
- To be visible in the parish and community to encourage participation in faith formation and related activities.
- To develop and maintain a faith formation annual budget.
- To communicate and work with clergy and staff in a spirit of collaboration for the good of the parish.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of Catholic faith.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Positive outlook; outgoing; loves working with people; team player; flexible.
- Able to recruit volunteers for participation in parish programs.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficient computer skills with a willingness to learn new software.
- Good organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent decision-making ability.
- Models Catholic religious and moral beliefs.
- Adaptable to changing circumstances.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in theology, religious studies, communications, education, or some other relevant discipline. Or the equivalent in training and/or experience.
- Salary: Commensurate with education and/or experience