The members of Our Lady of the Mountains Church take Pope Francis’s words to heart. At our Community Lunch Program, we nourish those who hunger in an atmosphere of respect, acceptance, and love.
A free hot lunch is served to those in need Monday – Friday, from 12:00 pm until 12:30 pm in “Our Lady’s Parish Hall.” Please enter the hall on the north side of the church on Simpson Street.
Our goal is to feed bellies and warm hearts while restoring hope and freedom to those in need.
Lunch Program Policies:
- Anyone who is in need of a meal can come to the Community Lunch Program up to five (5) times without filling out an application for assistance or provide a referral from another Social Service Agency. On the sixth visit Community Lunch staff will review the application or referral to evaluate the individual’s situation and decide how long assistance will be given.
- After assistance is granted, if the financial situation of the guest changes, he or she is required to notify staff in order to reassess the needs of the guest with regard to meals.
- Guests are encouraged to be a part of the whole meal process by assisting in some manner.
- Donations to the program are accepted.
- All guests will be required to sign in before they receive lunch.
- The program serves lunch from 12:00 pm -12:30 pm, Monday – Friday. Guests may arrive 15 minutes early to assist with lunch. All guests need to vacate the premises by 1:00 pm.
- Proper attire is required at all times. If attire is inappropriate, the guest will be required to leave.
- If a guest arrives for lunch who has been drinking or displays behavior consistent with intoxication, the guest will be required to leave. If the guest returns for a second time intoxicated, the guest will be expelled from the program.
- Physical or verbal violence towards other guests, volunteers, or staff will not be tolerated. The guest will be required to leave with no further assistance from the program.
- Sexual harassment will not be tolerated. The guest will be required to leave with no further assistance from the program.
- Lying or stealing will result in immediate expulsion from the program.
- If available, guests may receive a second helping at 12:25 pm.