In order to have your child baptized at Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic Church or Chapel of the Sacred Heart:
- Parents must be registered members of our parish or have written permission from the pastor of their parish. The letter must have the church’s seal on it.
- Godparents must be registered members of our parish or have a letter from their parish stating that they are a registered member in good standing with the Church. The letter must have the church’s seal on it.
- If we do not already have a sacramental record of the Godparents’ Confirmation and Marriage, then the Godparents need to provide either a copy of their church certificates for the Confirmation and Marriage or a copy of their Baptism certificate with notations that indicate Confirmation and Marriage were received at a Catholic church. The church’s seal must be on all certificates. If one of the Godparents is a non-Catholic Christian, they must provide a letter of good standing from their church.
- Parents and Godparents must attend our Baptism Preparation Class or have a written document stating they attended the class at another parish. The date of the class must be included on the letter, and the letter must have the church’s seal on it.
- Parents must completely fill out their portion of the Baptism Form and return it to email@example.com at least one month before the desired date of Baptism.
**Emailed copies of letters and certificates are okay as long as the church’s seal appears on them.**
If parents or godparents would like to become registered members of Our Lady of the Mountains Parish, they need to completely fill out the Parish Registration form and return it to the parish office prior to scheduling the baptism.
Once all the proper paperwork is complete, we can discuss dates and times for the Baptism as well as any other necessary arrangements.
English Baptisms will take place on the first Saturday of each month at 11:00 a.m.